Monday, September 17, 2007

The Alley


I walked up high mountains to a deep valley
musing at the verisimilitude they bore to reality
Down the hills I went and sat on a tuft of grass

The beauty I beheld before me was alluring
The fir trees bowed to the wind enduring
and upon the slopes I saw little clouds pass

I stole silently past the spongy wanderers
crossing brooks, streams and blithe meanders
into the sleepy hamlet nestled in the valley

The hamlet had its church ringing bells so merry
the children danced and played games a many
I walked on not stopping until I spoted a dark alley

I stepped into the silent street my feet staggering
and in panic I cried seeing nebulous forms floating
tried in vain to turn back again...But I vaporised

I seemed to drift through unhappiness and tears
I was mixed with ghouls, ghosts and fears
what place is this I shivered, my mind terrorised

It was then a light appeared in luminous sharpness
chasing and battling with the piercing darkness
It carried me far far away, where to rest I lay

The light of hope said, the dark alley is a vault
of errs of human nature that makes conscience revolt
in the valley of life such an alley always will stay
It is in despair and sadness, hope will you amaze
Search for the light even in the darkest days
So you wake up everytime with a smiling grace

No comments: